Savory Summer Salad with Grapeful Rosé
No matter where you’re at, July sunshine calls for fresh and exciting meals and your favorite light wines. This week, to commemorate our Wine of the Month, we’re making a light and satisfying Spiced Chickpea salad to pair with our 2020 Grapeful Rosé. This simple recipe involves seasoned & baked chickpeas with fresh veggies, tossed in a homemade tahini dressing. It’s delicious, healthy, perfect for a summer afternoon, and happens to be vegetarian!
Carrot Tahini Salad with Spiced Chickpeas
For the spiced chickpeas:
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Water to thin if necessary
For the salad:
- 3 cups shredded carrots (from 3 to 4 medium-sized carrots)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Toss the chickpeas with the oil, spices, salt, and pepper. Place on a prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven until lightly browned and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Shake the pan several times throughout baking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. (You can do this either by hand or with an immersion blender.) Add water if the dressing is too thick. Taste and adjust seasonings if need be.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the shredded carrots, onion, raisins, and parsley with the dressing. Mix well. Season with a little salt and pepper. Right before serving (to ensure the chickpeas stay crispy) top with the chickpeas and enjoy. Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Now, grab an ice bucket and your favorite picnic blanket and head outside! This recipe is ideal for enjoying alongside our Grapeful Rosé in the shade on a warm day. For our friends who prefer white wines, this dish will also taste fantastic when paired with our refreshing 2018 Sauvignon Blanc.
Thinking of giving this recipe a try? Let us know @rubyhillwines!
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.
Enjoy complimentary ground shipping when you order 6 or more bottles.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.