Petite Sirah Cranberry Sauce
Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away, so we're putting on our aprons and pulling out our favorite recipes. It's time to get festive and a little bit boozy! The recipe below is as simple as can be and results in a cranberry sauce with the most delicious complexities, you'll never want it out of a can again. Infuse the sauce with the boldness of our Reserve Petite Sirah, and you've given it just enough of a boozy boost to add a layer of scrumptious flavor.
- 1 cup of Reserve Petite Sirah
- 1 bag of cranberries
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- ¾ - 1cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- Combine wine, cranberries and ¾ cup of sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add thyme and zest and reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, cranberries will begin popping.
- When thickened and jammy, remove from heat and taste. Add remaining ¼ cup of sugar if necessary.
- Serve while warm.
It's time to get "sauced" and bring all your favorite flavors to the dinner table this Thanksgiving! Of course, if there's another red wine you prefer, this recipe will take on the flavor with elegance. Give it a try with our gorgeous Peacock Patch Zin or our Reserve Cab, the Wine of the Month. Let's get cooking. Cheers!
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.
Enjoy complimentary ground shipping when you order 6 or more bottles.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.