Mouthwatering Pulled Pork & Cuvée Dray
With a hint of fall in the air with some relief from the summer heat, we are ready to revisit some of our favorite cozy dutch oven and slow cooker recipes. More importantly, it’s the perfect time for red wine! This week, we are making scrumptious pulled pork sandwiches. Alongside our ever-popular Cuvée Dray blend, it’s truly a drool-worthy meal!
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 4 lb. boneless pork butt
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 12 oz. lager
- 1 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Toasted buns, for serving
- Preheat oven to 300°. Trim excess fat from pork and cut into large pieces to fit in a large Dutch oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and onion powder; season with black pepper. Rub all over pork. (This can be done the night before.)
- In large Dutch oven over medium high heat, heat oil. Working in batches, cook pork until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. (Spices can burn quickly, so don’t let it go for too long!) Pour beer around pork and cover with a lid.
- Bake until pork is just beginning to turn tender, about 3 hours. Uncover and continue to bake until pork is very tender and easily pulls apart with a fork, 1 to 2 hours more.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board, reserving pan drippings in pot, and let rest until ready to use.
BBQ SAUCE & SANDWICHES
- Into pan drippings, whisk ketchup, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire until combined. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Shred pork with 2 forks. Add meat to sauce and toss to combine. Serve warm with buns and remaining sauce alongside.
We recommend serving this pulled pork on toasted buns and top with coleslaw. Our preferred pairing is Cuvée Dray, with flavors that compliment this dish perfectly, but you can also try a Zinfandel-forward red blend for a tasty combination!
For anyone who loves the Cuvée Dray or four-legged friends like we do, we will be hosting Dray Day, a pet adoption event in partnership with Valley Humane Society! Come visit us on October 14th from 11am - 2pm at our sister winery, Rubino Estates to meet all of the available canine companions ready for adoption into their fur-ever home. It's time for you to meet your new best friend!
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.
Enjoy complimentary ground shipping when you order 6 or more bottles.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.