Grapeful Ganache: A Simple Recipe
It's the holiday season, which means it's time to enjoy our favorite rich recipes and try out some new ones! This recipe makes a delicious all-purpose ganache, which can be used for just about anything. Try it on fruit, cakes, brownies, shortbread, piped into cupcakes, or even on hard cheese. We loved using our Grapeful Red to make the ganache, but any of our red wines would suit this recipe—if you like to drink it, then you'll enjoy ganache made with it. One of our favorite things about this recipe is finishing the rest of the bottle of wine, of course!
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup Ruby Hill Grapeful Red
- 1 ½ Tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 four oz bar semi-sweet baker's chocolate
- 1 four oz bar Ghirardelli dark chocolate
- 4 Tbsp cup salted butter, cubed and softened to room temperature
- ⅛ tsp large flake sea salt
- Roughly chop the chocolate bars until the pieces are about the size of chocolate chips.
- Whisk the heavy cream, wine, cocoa powder, and sugar together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once simmering, allow it to simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the liquid from the heat, then stir in the chocolate, butter, and salt. Taste and salt additionally, according to preference.
- Allow the ganache to cool for a few minutes before using. The ganache will thicken as it cools, so use it sooner if a thinner consistency is desired. If you’d like to frost cakes or pipe it into cupcakes, we recommend that you let it chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Cover and store leftover ganache in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. If you need to thin out the ganache again, gently reheat in the microwave on 50% power for about 30 seconds.
Recipe inspired by Sally's Baking Addiction
Now that this recipe is in your repertoire, you have everything you need to bring all of your holiday desserts to the next level! Cheers!
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.
Enjoy complimentary ground shipping when you order 6 or more bottles.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.