A Cozy Recipe For Mulled Wine Day
Today is National Mulled Wine day, and with the weather we’ve been having, it’s a welcome holiday! There is something perfect and soothing about a mug of perfection in your hand that warms you from the inside out. We love Mulled Wine not just for its coziness, but also for its versatility. Depending on what ingredients are available and what flavors you enjoy, you can customize to your heart’s content! Below, we’ve included a recipe we enjoy and hope you will too.
Ruby Hill Mulled Wine
- 1 bottle Ruby Hill Sangiovese
- 1 1/2 cup Apple Cider (cold pressed or cloudy is ideal)
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Juice
- 1/4 cup Honey or Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Oranges, sliced into rounds
- 1 Large Apple, sliced into half moons
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 Star Anise Pods
- 1 tsp Whole Cloves
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir well. For convenience, consider placing the whole spices in a cheesecloth pouch or something similar so you won’t need to fish them out later.
- Allow the mulled wine to steep for at least 15 minutes or as long as desired.
- Serve warm!
If you would prefer to make your mulled wine in a crock pot, combine all ingredients and leave the pot on low for 2-3 hours. Serve warm.
Make this mulled wine your own or mix and match to find your favorite flavor. Try creative additions like pomegranate, cherries, or cranberries, sliced fresh ginger, fresh rosemary, allspice berries (about 4), cardamom pods (about 5) or spike things up with 1/2 cup of orange liqueur or apple brandy. This recipe is yours!
We hope you are keeping warm and cozy!
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.
Enjoy complimentary ground shipping when you order 6 or more bottles.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.