Wine of the Month: Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
We are thrilled to announce our Wine of the Month for September: 2018 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon! Awarded 90 points from Wine Enthusiast and continually a Ruby Hill family favorite, the elegant beauty of this wine is not lost on anyone. Rich and deliciously tannic, this wine is a perfect companion for foods like bacon-wrapped sausages, blackened chicken, steak salad with cheese, or double chocolate cake. We can’t resist a flavor-packed steak salad, especially in warm weather, so let’s get cooking!
Grilled Steak Salad
- 2 filets or strip steaks
- kosher salt and pepper
- 12 ounces spring greens
- 2 baby cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons roasted pepitas
- pickled red onions, for topping
- Gorgonzola or bleu cheese dressing.
- Preheat your grill to the highest setting. Take the steak out of the fridge for at least 30 minutes to take the chill off. While the steak comes to room temperature, I make the dressing and the salad.
- Assemble the salad by tossing the greens with a big pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add in the tomatoes, cucumbers and red (pickled) onions.
- Place the steak on the grill grates and cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more. I like to cook mine until they reach an internal temperature of 140 degrees F. Remove the steaks and let them rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Add the avocado and the sliced steak to the salad. Sprinkle with the pepitas. Drizzle with bleu cheese or gorgonzola vinaigrette and serve immediately!
By Jessica from How Sweet Eats
“This bold and mouthfilling wine is delicious, deep and lingering. Light earth and leather aromas lead to ripe black-fruit and dark-chocolate flavors that accompany full body and firm tannins” - Jim Gordon for Wine Enthusiast.
Are you ready to enjoy Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon? Get it now on sale!
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.
Enjoy complimentary ground shipping when you order 6 or more bottles.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.