Celebrate National Avocado Day with Grapeful White
Today we celebrate the glorious avocado! As the official fruit (yes, it's a fruit!) of California, the avocado is the star of many California-inspired dishes and used for dressings, dips, salads, and even fries. We love it for its creamy texture, versatility, and fresh flavors. Today, we're sharing a recipe for a simple dip to enjoy over the weekend, a Chunky Avocado-Papaya Salsa.
We're pairing it with our Grapeful White, a crisp and refreshing summertime wine. Our 2017 Grapeful White is a blend of Trebbiano and Sauvignon Blanc. Trebbiano is an Italian wine grape known for its fresh peach and citrus flavors and elevated acidity. Our Sauvignon Blanc is also high in acid with aromas that lean toward ripe and tropical fruits. Together, they make a refreshingly crisp white wine with hints of exotic fruit and overtones of lime blossoms. Sounds like a great wine for an avocado salsa!
For the month of July, enjoy the 2017 Ruby Hill Grapeful White for just $17 a bottle. You can shop today for curbside pick-up or have it delivered straight to your home.
Chunky Avocado-Papaya Salsa
- 2 medium-size ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted and cut in small dice
- 1 small ripe papaya, halved, seeded, peeled and cut in small dice (about 2 cups dice)
- 1 tart apple, unpeeled, or Asian pear, peeled if desired, cored and cut in small dice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 fresh red or green serrano chile, seeded and thinly sliced or minced, or more to taste
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- ½ small red onion, diced small, soaked for 5 minutes in water to cover, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Salt to taste
Combine diced avocados and papaya in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss together. Season to taste with salt. Serve as a salad or a salsa.
See! We told you it was easy. We hope you enjoy your weekend. Tag us on Instagram @rubyhillwines the next time you open a bottle of your favorite Ruby Hill wine!
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.
Enjoy complimentary ground shipping when you order 6 or more bottles.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.