Join Our Harvest Team
In 1887, Ruby Hill Winery was established in the Livermore Valley within the San Francisco Bay Area. Named for the mineral and iron rich, ruby red soil that was originally found in the rolling hills of the region, the fruit that grows in this region is unparalleled. Today, Ruby Hill Winery is a family owned and operated business that produces a wide range of French and Italian varietals, primarily from our own Estate Vineyards. Our vineyards are located on the western most edge of the Livermore Valley, creating a unique microclimate for our grapes to thrive in. As an intern at Ruby Hill Winery, you will be exposed to every facet of the wine industry from the grape to the bottle, working with some of the highest quality fruit Livermore Valley has to offer.
Employment will be full-time, and will last until the end of harvest—no later than the end of November. Compensation will be hourly, with opportunities for overtime.
- Grape receiving and processing
- Additions for inoculation, nutrient management, adjustments, etc
- Pump-overs/punch-downs on fermenting grapes
- Clean/sanitize tanks and all equipment used in cellar operations
- Operate different types of pumps including positive displacement, air, and bull dog pumps
- Rack, fill, top, stir, clean, and SO2 oak barrels
- Rack and transfer wine to and from tanks
- Prepare new barrels for wine receival
- Follow written work orders
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in confined spaces and high places
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Work with chemicals that require protective equipment (goggles, etc.)
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time
- Perform work duties in and outdoors
- Work long and irregular hours (60+ hours per week)
- A positive, energetic attitude
- No previous winemaking experience is required
Interested candidates should respond to email@example.com
Enjoy complimentary ground shipping when you order 6 or more bottles.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.