Harvest Internship Opportunity at Ruby Hill Winery
As an intern at Ruby Hill Winery you will be exposed to every facet of the wine industry from the grape to the bottle, working with some of the highest quality fruit Livermore Valley has to offer!
Dates of Employment
- Employment will start ASAP, and will last until the end of harvest.
- Employment will not finish before October, and will run no later than the end of November.
- This is a very physical job that also requires a strong attention to detail and consistent work ethic. A significant portion of the job is processing grapes, managing fermentations and cleaning grape processing equipment. Most jobs require you to be on your feet.
- Most work is inside the cellar or on a shaded crush pad.
- There is significant overtime potential over the course of the harvest (during peak hours, we may be working up to 12 hours a day, 6 days a week)
- You will gain firsthand experience in every aspect of the winemaking process from vineyard to barrel
- Total crew size will be around 8 people
- Ability to work in confined spaces and high places
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Work with chemicals that require protective equipment (goggles, etc.)
- Ability to walk and stand on uneven surfaces for 10+ hours a day
- Perform work duties in and outdoors
- Work long and irregular hours (60+ hours per week, daytime shifts only)
- A positive, energetic attitude
- No previous winemaking experience is required
To apply, please complete the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org